All Along the Way
Our Adoption Journey

Lake Powell



Amazing views, warm water, fun, adventure, and most importantly- time with family. These are the things that make the best summer vacations. In August, Trent and I went down to Lake Powell with Julie and Curtis. It was absolutely awesome, just the break we needed before I went back to school. Trent says it was the best vacation in his life. 




We had fun hanging out on the houseboat.  At night we played games and watched the stars from the top deck.  During the day we surfed, wake boarded and played around on the jet skis.







Trent was able to both surf and wake board. Check out the farmer's tan.



Julie taught me to surf.  I fell down a lot. Luckily the water was warm and everyone was so patient.  later that day Julie and Curtis took just a few of us out so I could try again with no pressure.  After a few more trys I made it up and it was wonderful.  I'm glad my nephews got to see that I don't give up.






Our nephews were amazing.  They have been doing this every summer since they were 2 years old.  They were attempting flips and catching huge amounts of air as they jumped the wake.  Julie also had her brother and sister with a few of their friends along.  They were all so much fun to hang out with and fun to watch as they showed off their water skills.



J. actually surfed up right behind the boat and touched it with his board. How cool!






Thanks again Julie and Curtis.

0 comments:

Post a Comment